- Monday, November 22nd, 2010
- By admin
- In Uncategorized
Motorcycle Trailers for being pulled by motorcycles can easily be found at any trailer shop or Motorcycle trailer sales. They not only fulfill the need for carrying additional gears or small goods for some distances but also impart a very unique look to the bike. They can also be highly modified/ personalized according to the bike’s look and pulling capacity.
Though the motorcycles are not meant for towing of the trailer, but used to do so, the following safety tips should be followed while towing a trailer by a motorcycle:
– The width of the trailer attached should be kept in mind during the turnings or overtaking any other vehicle on the road. One must remember to ride closer to the center of the road.
– Uneven road surfaces and road edges can unbalance the trailer and should be watched for.
– Balancing of the trailer and the bike weight is also important to consider while loading the trailer.
– N-Line Trailer (single wheel trailer) is of the same width as a motorcycle and tracks the same line as the towing motorcycle. They make driving a little difficult especially during the turnings. Bending of the rider or tilting of the bike at the unbanked roads is also not possible.